Skin care is not just for the ladies. Any man who aspires to look good and be presentable everywhere he goes, should take proper care of his skin, at least facial skin. Skin care becomes more complicated as you advance in age, as collagen production drops.
Here are a few pointers men should follow:
- Face Wash: Always remember to use proper face wash products which are specially made for men’s thick skin. Men’s skin is different from women and requires different working formula to enhance its condition, as it takes more effort to exfoliate skin cells of men. And don’t be poor and use soap to wash your face, it will wipe out all the necessary oils and damage protective layer of skin.
- Shaving: Many of you probably don’t know this, but there are products which can be used pre and post shaving, which will help you keep the burning sensation to a minimum. Use these products, so that you don’t look like you just returned from some battle or something. Use a water based after-shave if you have dry or flaky skin.
- Scalp Care: Our scalp, where the hair grows, is also a part of skin and needs proper nutrients and care. Scalp can also get dry, may cause itching, which can lead to psoriasis or baldness. Use hair oils at least 2-3 times a week, and keep it oiled for at least 6-8 hours.
- Use Sunscreen: Always remember to use sunscreen, whenever you go outside, for a long duration. It may cause a bit of in-convenience in our tanning plans, but hey, a pale is always better than risking skin cancer.(Sun-rays contain harmful UVA rays that can cause skin cancer.)
- Eye Care: Take care of the area around your eyes, unless you want to look 15 years older than you actually are. That’s right. Dark circles and puffy under eyes make you look much older and tired, which is good if you are trying out for the part of corporate slave. If not, there are a few good products out there which are made especially for taking care of skin around eyes of men.
- Moisturize: Yes that’s right, moisturize daily at least twice, if you want maintain your youthful looks. It will help maintain essential oils and seal in the required moisture to keep you skin smooth.
- Exercise: Have you ever seen an athlete’s skin? It is smooth and well hydrated because the pores are open and sweat regularly. This causes the toxins to be flushed regularly, thus reducing the risk of any skin or health related issues. Also, remember to drink at least 20 glasses of water to keep you well hydrated throughout the day.
To simplify skin care, follow a skin care routine which you can do daily. Don’t complicate it, because you won’t be able to follow it daily. Good skin is something to be valued and cherished, keeps you looking younger and attractive.